Monday, March 09, 2009

Review on adidas adiSTAR Salvation

After using the shoes for about a month and running nearly 50km with it, here are my one-cent worth of comments on adiSTAR Salvation.

Appearance/Physical (Rating: 8/10)

Plus point:
adiSTAR Salvation has a nice appearance. It has mainly white, grey and yellow colours that are easy to match with most running outfits.

Area for improvements:
There is no reflective stripes at rear side of the shoes (the heel area). I was running early in the morning, and when I went into some roads without street light, I really felt insecure as I'm not sure cars from behind could see me in near pitch dark condition. I think this is an important point especially for those who runs regularly early in the morning.

I feel the shoes could be a bit lighter.

Stability (Rating: 9/10)

Plus points:
I felt my feet was quite stable while running in the shoes. I can say it is the most stable shoes I have used so far. I tend to overpronate a bit when I run, with adiSTAR Salvation, I can feel the difference in the stability. The medial support, pro-moderator perhaps is the main difference.

The pro-moderator for the medial support on adiSTAR Salvation.

Support/Comfort (8.5/10)

Plus points:
I feel really good when I insert my feet into the shoes. The cushion around the ankle area (GEOFIT +) give a really comfortable fit. The sole support at the heel area (adiPRENE) is very good.

The mesh fabric minimizes the friction between the feet and the shoes, especially at the inner front area. I have no issue with blister with adiSTAR Salvation.

I used to have pain near my knees after running about 10km. I suspect this is because of lack of support at the heel area. With adiSTAR Salvation, the pain has reduced significantly.


Flexibility (6/10)

Area of improvement:
I guess the shoes were not designed for good flexibility. For me, this is not really important. But I guess a bit more flexibility near the front sole area could help during the propulsion phase of the run.

Responsiveness (8/10)

Plus points:
adiSTAR Salvation is really responsive. The adiPRENE+ really helps in the propulsion phase. The running is really smooth with the shoes.

Overall, I would give a rating of 8.5 out of 10 for adidas adiSTAR Salvation.

No comments: