Sunday, April 12, 2009

ASICS GEL-Kayano 15


I am really getting serious about good running shoes. When I started running, I never pay attention to what type of shoes would fit me best. Now I know what kind of shoes are suitable for me. I need shoe with stability support feature. The ASICS GEL-Kayano 15 reviewed here is suitable for stability.

ASICS is one those old sport brands that I remembered from my secondary schooling days. It was not very popular, but I do remember I bought some sport apparels from ASICS back then. I didn't really notice this brand nowadays as it was not easy to find retail shops selling their products. From talking to my running buddies, I got to know ASICS again for its running shoes. At top of the range and the latest addition is the ASIC GEL-Kayano 15.

First impression of GEL-Kayano 15, I can see the unique design of the large amount of GEL at the heel area of the sole, seen here is the photo below.


The function of the GEL is to absorb the landing impact near the heel area and disperse the forces laterally.



There is also inner medial support DUOMAX for stability seen here.



The latest GEL-Kayano 15 has this unique feature, an asymmetric (or off-centre) alignment for the shoe lace. This looks quite strange at first, but it follows the curvature of a normal foot at that area. Therefore the design is not an arbitrary one or for the sake of different from the rest.



When I first wear the shoes, I felt the cushioning was very comfortable. The inner sole material is really something different and worthy of a mention here.

The shoes provide great support and it is really ideal for the serious runners who value stability. The shoes are quite responsive and reasonably light.

I will post more on the shoes. I will need my buddy, BP to comment on this. Now, he is the proud owner of the shoes. Stay tuned.

No comments: