Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Cari more makan

Penang is a food heaven. The treasure hunt took us to Penang for the weekend. There were more than 45 cars joined the hunt. The hunters were on the prowl for good food after the hunt. While many were heading for the-best-in-town nasi kandar, I was heading to another location for this supposedly best in town cendol near Chowrasta Market in Penang Road.


After giving this cendol a try, I thought it was overrated. I didn't understand why some many people crowded around the stall. Maybe it used to be good before, but I felt that the quality has degraded.

There was another Penang Assam Laksa stall just besides the cendol stall. I was told that the assam laksa there was also quite good. So I tapau 2 packets back to KL for dinner/supper.


Then, my team headed to Sri Ananda Bahwan Restaurant for this banana leaf rice. The location is at the junction of Lebuh Penang and Lebuh China.


I must say I am quite skillful when eating banana leaf rice with my hand. And I like Indian food as well. Raj sometimes jokes with me that I am a half-Indian.

Anyway, on the way back to KL, Prasath recommended a better cendol in Taiping. So off we detoured to Taiping for this Ansari Famous Cendol.


This Ansari Famous Cendol has been around for 3 generations. This cendol was better than the Penang one. So it was definitely worth the detour for our afternoon tea time.

If you are interested to know the exact location of the good food above, you can drop a comment here.

1 comment:

Happy walker said...

nice blog.. have a view of my blog when free.. http://www.lonelyreload.blogspot.com .. do leave me some comment / guide if can.. if interested can follow my blog...