Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Malakoff 12km KL 2011 - Last race for 2011

Thanks to Jason Thai for this photo.

With a final dash to the finish line, my racing season for 2011 came to a close.

A lot of runners would dread the hilly route of Malakoff 12km. I was one of them back in 2009 when I first ran this race. Since then I had came to the fact that, running hills was unavoidable and I just had to get better at it. I told myself I would come back again to improve on my first outing.

Well, this year was the third time I ran this race. However it was my first time I ran barefoot on this hilly route. The day before, I had done a LSD training. So my expectation was not high for the race, and just hope to finish within an hour mark.

I finished the race in 55:40, slightly better than last year's result. After my race I did a warm down run in reverse direction of the route to look for my wife. It was her third Malakoff 12km as well. I paced her back to the finish line for the last 1.5km. She had done well to improve her time to 1 hour 25 minutes.
Thanks to Lim Soon Chung for this photo.

I saw many runner friends at this event and chatted with them before leaving. Although the racing season was over, but I am still training as hard as I could. New season will start as early as New Year Day and I am setting some high targets for myself for next year. One of them is to do an ultra-marathon, that much I can say for now.

Until the next race, do train hard and stay healthy.

No comments: