Sunday, July 12, 2009

SCKLM 2009 - Epilogue

Normally, I would write something here about myself. Maybe something that I missed out earlier. But I decided to write this epilogue of my postings on SCKLM 2009 about this gentleman here.

Mr. Gurdip Singh, finisher of SCKLM 2009. (Thanks Winnie for this photo)

BP and I met Mr. Gurdip while we were waiting for our friend Ravin at the finish line. He told us he was 65 year-old and had trained 4 years for this marathon. He said he was having short of breath and had to stop twice along the route to apply some medication to smoothen his breathing. He mentioned his family members asked him not to participate. I guessed maybe of health concern.

He finished the full marathon within the 6 hours qualifying time.

There were many stories around this marathon from all the runners. We all have our own story and our own purpose why we run a marathon. For Mr. Gurdip, I didn't ask him why he trained 4 years to run in a marathon. I could tell he had a purpose, and I guessed that was good enough.

1 comment:

ChooChengLiang said...

Touching episode indeed, no matter what safety commands top priority