Sunday, July 26, 2009

Wet wet run

I was doing my long run this morning. Initially it was only drizzling, but after about 1 hour mark, they rain started to pour. Anyway, I continued my long run until I reached my target of 20km.

Taman Bukit Jalil was quiet today. I felt lonely and cold running in the rain. It made me re-think for awhile what was I doing this for. Waking up early in the morning, raining, so easy to stay in bed and enjoy the slumber. Instead, I was running like a ???? in the rain on a Sunday morning.

For those who are familiar with the park, the ~4km route/lap is not an easy course. Probably intermediate or slightly advanced standard with steep uphills/downhill and hard surfaces. Quite punishing for the knees.

Anyway, this is from my training log today:

5.44am, 20km, 1:57:55, average HR 144 bpm, peak 158 bpm, 1103 calories.

I am still sorting out the photos I took last night from the Shape and Men's Health Night Run 2009. It was my first time taking race photos, and there are more than 700 photos. Be patient. I will upload them here.

2 comments:

coffee said...

i had a wet wet ride also.

blaze said...

coffee, ya I found out from your FB. Riding in the rain quite dangerous.