Thursday, October 08, 2009

Disrupted Training

Due to busy work schedule, my training for PBIM 2009 has been disrupted. The two weeks that I was in India, I didn't run for 6 days in a row. I only got chance to run a few times (in week 1) on the thread mill in the hotel gym. Sleep was almost a luxury for me over there. Not to mention the food that caused me to visit the toilets for two or three times a day to "download".

Now that I am back in Malaysia, my work is still piling up. Last Sunday, I found time in the early morning to do a long run from Bukit Aman car park to Petronas in Seri Hartamas.

I met Kenny Tan there and decided to run with him. He was kind enough to pace slower so that I can follow, although I have asked him to go on his pace. He was training for the coming BIM 2009. That run supposed to be his last long run before the race.

Following his pace was a challenge towards the end as he picked up speed in the last 1 km before Petronas station. I think we were doing about 4.5min/km pace in the last 1 km. We reached Petronas station in about 56 minutes. I was happy with the time as it was hilly

At the Petronas station, I met Hoffen and WaiSum. They were training for PBIM too I guessed. I approached them and said "Hi" to them. Then I was back running with Kenny again on the return leg.

He told me then, going back would be quicker and asked me to keep up if possible. I told him not to worry about me. I was trying to keep up with him at first. But slowly I knew he was too fast for me. When we reached Kompleks Kerajaan, I saw him crossing Jalan Duta and that was when I lost sight of him. I only managed to reach Bukit Aman after about 56 minutes. Overall timing was about 1 hour 52 minutes for the distance about 19km.

This week I work late everyday and when I was home, I still need to work. Also I got meetings here and there. After work it is very difficult to run. I have to use my lunch time to train in the gym.

I've tried running in the (weekday) morning again, but I was too tired to wake up because I slept only 4 hours or less per night this week. Hopefully work will taper off soon and let me resume my preparation to PBIM 2009.

No comments: