Sunday, August 30, 2009

5th Pacemakers Anniversary Run 2009

Team "Road Blazers", finisher of 5th Pacemakers Anniversary Run.

The Lake Garden was the background setting for the 5th Pacemakers Anniversary Run this morning. BP, James and Janice were my team mates in this team relay run. It was a very interesting run format: a team 4 x 2.6km relay.

There were competitive and non-competitive categories. Each team must have at least a female runner, who will start first. For this, I ran the second leg, James the third and BP the anchor leg.

We finished the race in 54 minutes 10 seconds, positioned at 26th out of 33 teams. Good run, team! The champion team was from Klang Pacers 1, with finishing time of 38 minutes.

The finisher medal, definitely one of the best.

I also took time to took some photos of the run with my DSLR. For more photos please visit my album here.

At the closing stage of the run, it started rain heavily. BP was still running and we (and all the runners) have to take shelther. It rained for a good 20 to 30 minutes, but finally it became a drizzle and the prize-giving ceremony was able to proceed.

BP and I met up with Yin too, who happened to do her training run around the lake.

Overall, it was a good event from the Pacemakers. I enjoyed the run and liked the company too.

It has been a tiring week. Work wise has been busy as ever, leaving little time to train for my Penang Bridge International Marathon. I know I was slacking when it comes to training last two weeks. That's why for this week, I decided to buck up and increase my weekly mileage. Overall, I ran 5 days out of 7 this week. Yesterday, I did my 22km long run. Total weekly mileage: 55km.

2 comments:

Yin said...

Good seeing you and BP today too :)

Just downloaded pix from my phone, will be blogging soon :P

blaze said...

Hi Yin,

Thanks for supporting.

Hope to see you next run or on double-hill training route.