Sunday, August 23, 2009

Weekend in Penang

It's school holiday and Penang is the destination for a family break over the weekend.

Saturday afternoon, when I was in Bukit Dumbar park, I saw a few youngsters set up a booth to get people to register for PBIM 2009.

I met Mr. Jordan Lee, a fellow runner and my online contact. He is the gentleman on the far left of the photo above. He was relating his experience of PBIM 08 to the youngsters.

The organiser has been very active in getting more people to sign up for the run. They even come to your school and office to sign up runners. One point I noted in PBIM 09 is that the 10km run is open to teenagers only. I guess the reason maybe to encourage more young runners.

Anyway, I was not running in the park yesterday because I was tired, having ran in the morning. My wife was running while I walked with Ashton. She will join me for Mizuno 10km run in October and PBIM in November. She will run in fun run in PBIM 09.

Sunday in Penang is a rainy one, at least it is still raining now. I woke up at 5am, put on my running shoes and it started raining. Then I went back to bed. So, I'm not sure I can run today.

2 comments:

ChooChengLiang said...

Hi CP
Trust you had a nice weekend in Penang minus the rain, haha :-)

blaze said...

Hi Choo,

Weekend was good. Only minus was the rain.

Did a 10km run from Gurney Drive to Esplanade and back on Monday morning drizzle. Have to watch out of Penang traffic.