Thursday, November 12, 2009

My PBIM 09 race pack


On Tuesday, I received my PBIM 2009 race pack. It was a reminder to me that I have less than 2 weeks to go to the race day.

The important things are the bib number (only one piece) and the timing chip. Other things are running vest (the smallest "L" size vest I have ever seen), runners' guidebook, sponsors' samples and discount vouchers.

Now, I really need to focus on my last phase of training. A long run this weekend, and start tapering next week.

Oh, I just realise, there is no detail instruction on how to put on the timing chip. In the guidebook, it is mentioned that it is to be tied between the shoe lace. The timing chip is as small as a 50-cent coin. It is so light and seemingly fragile design makes me wonder if I will lose it while running the race. I have just sent an email to the organiser on this matter. I hope they will publish more detailed information on how to secure the chip to the shoe lace soon. Well, I can always tie it on my way, but I would rather be sure and know the right way to put it on so that it will not fall off easily.

The Championchip timing chip on the left of the 50-cent coin.

While BP is dreaming of a number 8, I am just two numbers away from the number 88.

2 comments:

Cornelius said...

Good luck on your run! So what is it gonna be now, 4-hour target?

Oh! that timing chip looks very much like a packet of condom at a glance! Better tie is up to your shoe as soon as possible. Otherwise at the last minute, when you're in a rush, you might just get it mixed up with the condoms!... hehehe

blaze said...

Thanks Cornelius. The 4-hour target is a stretched target that is unlikely for me to achieve this time.

I think the 4:15:00 time probably more realistic.

Ok, I will be careful so that I will not mix up the timing chip with the condom. Luckily you point out to me, because currently they are in the same drawer!