Wednesday, November 04, 2009

A run for a cause - Terry Fox Run KL 2009

Last Sunday was the Terry Fox Run Kuala Lumpur 2009 in Lake Garden. I was there with my family. I missed the run last year because I had committed to my team mates earlier for a treasure hunt on the same date.

I have been supporting this cause for cancer research for a few years now. I draw a lot of inspiration from Terry Fox about life, running, courage, doing-what-you-can and many more. Also, I feel that finding a cure for cancer and raising awareness about cancer are important too. That's why I tried my best to promote this run in my blog as well as getting support within my company.

This year, I basically walked the 3.5km family course with Ashton under the hot sun. Ashley was with her mother and they were pacing faster than Ashton and I. Ashton was complaining more than walking or running. He was complaining about the hot sun the most. Anyway, I have to sweet-talk him, drag him and at one point, carry him on my back, in order to finish the run.

I thought the response was good this year. I estimated about 4000 runners joined the run. Some big companies came in large number of runners. There were also students from schools, particularly from international schools. Many foreigners and expatriates were seen supporting the run.

I also met some of my runner friends and colleagues as well. My buddy William was there too with his parents and family.

For photos of the run, you may visit my Multiply site here. Hope to see you next year.

No comments: