Saturday, June 27, 2009

Dream it, plan it, run it

I will be running my first full marathon tomorrow. After months of training, the moment is really near now. It was only last September that I started running. Back then even 5km was really punishing for me. Since then, I went through a lot of sweat and pain to come to this stage. Looking back, running has made me a stronger person physically and mentally. For a person that once thought running a marathon and completing it was a dream, and nothing more; to a person that put that dream to plan, work through that plan and now hours away to run in it. This journey has been full of experience for me. No matter what happen, I will enjoy every moment of it. Even if being feeling pain, tired, and exhausted, I am sure it will be a run to remember for the good things that it had brought to me.

I will run with all the happy thoughts, my family, my parents and brothers and good friends on my mind. All of you have provided me support and encouragement in one form or another. I'm both fortunate and grateful for what I have so far. Without you all, I don't know if I can come this far. I have discovered my sense of purpose in you all, that is, "To live, to love, and to leave a legacy."

No comments: