Sunday, June 14, 2009

Run along Nopparatthara beach


I took a family vacation in Krabi Thailand and returned at mid-week. It was a relaxing break. The main idea was to spend quality time with my family away from the work and other things.

It was a good holiday as Ashley and Ashton were enjoying their time at the beach. We went to island hopping day tour and spent a good whole day on several sandy beaches with crystal-clear water. They fed colourful fishes, enjoyed their swim and built sand models.

It was also a good break for me to recharge. I always make it a point to be close to my family and spend time together. Work has been generating a lot of pressure and taking a lot of my time. Therefore it is important not to let work 'consumes' me.

As I am still training for my first marathon, I still brought my running shoes. I woke up early in the mornings so that I could also train. In fact, I am mindful not to spend too much time on trainings all this while so that I would not neglect my family. So far, I could achieve that balance.

I ran in the long Nopparatthara beach. With the help of GPS, it measured about 3km long. Running on a foreign land was a first time for me. This beach was clean and the sand was fine. It was also quite flat. The sound of the waves was music to my ears. Running along this beach was really exhilarating. I could do it everyday if I stay near a beach like that.

No comments: