Tuesday, June 23, 2009

SCKLM 2009 Prelude 1

Last week I was sent to India for 2-day management workshop. The weather there was really hot. The maximum was 41 degrees Celcius, and it was dry. It was really a hectic schedule, so I didn't manage to go out of the hotel to do some shopping or exploring.

Anyway, I managed to run about 15km in the gym of the hotel and I guess it was the best that I could do. I didn't want to risk running on the streets of Delhi in the heat, unknown traffic condition and safety reason.

Last Saturday, I managed to run a relax 20km as my final long run training before SCKLM 2009. Now it is only less than a week to go. I have this mixed feeling in me. Feeling of excitement, anxiety, uncertainty, to name a few. Confidence level I could say, maybe at 75%. Last night I even dreamed about the marathon. In it, I was so late for the flag-off, I was feeling disappointed and didn't even wanted to run knowing I could never complete it within the qualifying time.

I guess now that it is near, I kind of putting some unnecessary pressure on myself (to complete my first marathon in my first attempt). It has been a dream of mine to complete one (marathon) in my life. There could be more. But for now, I will run that dream this Sunday.

No comments: