Sunday, May 31, 2009

Letting go

As predicted earlier, I will skip my company's treasure hunt this time. It is scheduled one week before SCKLM, also the same weekend that Sath will have his wedding reception.

Normally there are two hunts per year in our company. And our company has been having treasure hunts since 1999. Every time, about 50 teams will participate. Therefore I can say that there is a strong tradition and it is a good training ground for treasure hunters.

When other colleagues and treasure hunters found out that my team is not hunting, they were very happy, to the extend they thanked us. They were looking forward to win something (some aiming for champion) now that we are now competing. Also, I heard someone said people want to see some other team winning. Not sure how to react to this.

But letting go after being champion for the company hunt for three straight occasions was not a difficult decision to make. We have our priority this time, and we promise to make a comeback next time.

One thing for sure, I must remember to shut off my handphone during the hunt. :) A lot of people already said they will call me for answers. I cannot handle so many calls, ok? Still need to train for my SCKLM, ya, that will be my reason not to answer any treasure hunt call that day. I need to run!

No comments: