Friday, May 22, 2009

More on New Balance Pacesetters 15km 2009

-There were about 1800 runners took part in the run (announced by MC).

-Timing chip system was used. Timing chip was enclosed in a plastic casing, to be tied on the shoe lace.

-The most popular "snack" for the tired runners was cendol, in particular, Khan Cendol Melawati. See the queue leading to this stall (white van on left of photo). Amazing.



-Foreign runners again dominated the top placings in almost all categories.

-My calories count was 1086kcal for the 15.56km race.

-Before the race, a group of teenagers approached me to take part in a survey. They wanted to record my body weight before and after the race. I gladly obliged as I was also curious to know myself. The result: before race was 63.5kg, after race was 62.3kg. Loss of 1.2kg after race. For the record, I drank a total of 4 small cups of water (~150ml) during the race.

No comments: