Monday, May 11, 2009

My running "companions"

Here are my running "companions":

1. adidas adiSTAR Salvation running shoes - quite good for serious runners.

2. iPod Shuffle - helps me to avoid boredom while running, also the rhythm and the beat of the music can get me going.

3. Suunto t3c heart rate monitor - to give me my heart rate reading, to help me train in the right heart zone and avoid overdoing it.

4. Suunto GPS POD (Peripheral Observation Devices) - connects wirelessly to my t3c, gives accurate speed (in both minutes per km and km/h) and distance reading. Really helps in pacing and distance training.

5. Head band & wrist band - I tend to sweat a lot. The head band prevents the sweat from going into my eyes. The wrist band is for wiping the sweat on my face.

6. Water bottle waist pouch - For distance running, I need for storage of my re-hydration drink. Normally I will carry a bottle of Gatorade with me for long run.

7. Running vest and shorts - need to be light and dry-fit. Normally I wear running vest and I just bought a new pair of running shorts.

8. Arm pouch/band - I use this for carrying my handphone. This is for emergency use only and not for chatting during runs!

9. Some money, if case need to buy more drinks during long run training. Can be used for taxi money, but so far only use for buying drinks.

2 comments:

coffee said...

would be nice if the shoes can measure speeds, heart rate and also play music.

blaze said...

also can dispense isotonic drink, massage the feet and propel the runner with turbo-charger. Awesome...