Sunday, May 31, 2009

adidas Supernova Glide

I got this pair of shoes from adidas store in The Gardens. I was doing a foot scan and it revealed that I actually have a neutral gait and there were signs of slightly high arch.

I was having a bit of problem with my right knee last month. Not sure why, but I had only one pair of shoes to run then. So I decided to do a foot scan and probably get another pair to train.

The adidas Supernova Glide is suitable to serious runners with neutral gait.

See photo below for the one that I got.



After running 2 long runs and several shorter runs with Supernova Glide, the following comments are my objectives opinion.

Support (7 out of 10)

Good support at heel area. But at the front, I felt the support at the toe area could be better. At heel area, there is the ForMotion system that able to adapt slightly to provide some stability. As usual the adiPRENE, absorbs the shock and impact from heel strike.



Flexibility (7.5 out of 10)

Supernova Glide has good flexibility at front area. This is important for toe-off phase of the stride. The Torsion System at the middle of the sole provides some stability.



Responsiveness (8 out of 10)

I felt the shoes were quite responsive. I have very smooth stride and I think it did help me to improve my pace a bit.

Physical (7.5 out of 10)

Another good thing about Supernova Glide, there are reflective stripes near the toe and back heel area. Important for runners who run in the dark. Some choices available for colours. For men design, available in the colour shown in photo above and also white/red. For women design, I think got white/yellow and white/sky blue.

No comments: